- Auschwitz Is Not a Metaphor: "The new exhibition at the Museum of Jewish Heritage gets everything right—and fixes nothing."
- Yes, You Should Delete Facebook: " Facebook knows so much about you they can make you believe they’re listening to your personal conversations. They have so much data about you they can send you ads that have an uncanny relevance to what is going on in the real world."
- ‘High likelihood of human civilisation coming to end’ by 2050, report finds: "Over-conservative climate scenarios mean we could face ‘world of outright chaos’, says analysis authored by former fossil fuel executive and backed by former head of Australia’s military."
- Autofiction: fiction of facts
- A mysterious nonprofit made millions suing companies to put California cancer warnings on coffee: Somebody found a niche to make money in. But is it legit?
- The Gambling Nuns of Torrance, California: Weird as weird goes. I sense that this will become a movie, and perhaps sooner than later.
- The Truffaut Essays That Clear Up Misguided Notions of Auteurism
- William Godwin’s Stunning 1794 Advice to a Young Activist on How to Confront the Status Quo with Self-Possession, Dignity, and Persuasive Conviction: "Above all… abstain from harsh epithets and bitter invective… Truth can never gain by passion, violence, and resentment. It is never so strong as in the firm, fixed mind, that yields to the emotions neither of rage nor fear."
Tags: art internet links politics rants